Women Back to Work is partnering with Farmers Insurance in Woodland Hills, CA to host their inaugural Returnship for those looking to return to the workforce. The WBW Farmers Returnship program is open to men and women who have a gap in their work history due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you have at least 4 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this Returnship.
Farmers is seeking a seasoned full-stack web engineer (Java) to contribute to the development of the next generation of our customer web experience. As part of an Agile team, the senior developer in this role will be responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of RESTful API services built primarily on Java Spring Boot. You will also actively collaborate with Business and other IT stakeholders to anticipate emergent needs and support business agility.
Essential Job Functions:
Physical Actions :
- Play a central role in creating a world-class digital offering and supporting the overall customer experience at Farmers.
- Live and breathe our coding culture around testable, high-quality code and peer code review.
- Identify ways to improve design and development processes across teams as Farmers continues its Agile transformation.
- Work effectively with development and testing teammates as well as other teams.
- Review business requirements/functional specifications and provide guidance on proposed technology solutions, including integrated systems.
- Support continuous improvement of our integration and deployment pipelines.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Education Requirements :
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
Experience Requirements :
5 years of experience in Java Development.
Special Skill Requirement :
- 5+ years of professional development experience, with at last 3 years in a senior role
- 3 years of Java REST Framework Programming, preferably Spring or Spring Boot
- 3 years' experience with Git or similar version control
- Web application performance analysis and tuning
- Deep understanding of data design and systems integration
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- SDLC experience in planning, creating, testing, and deployment
- Version Control using Git, GitHub
- Modern build automation tools.
- Cloud development experience.
- Experience in systems analysis, modular design and creating APIs.
If this job interests you and you are looking to return to work after a hiatus, please apply with your updated resume. Or if you have questions about this position, feel free to call 408-907-2246 to speak to Shabana, our dedicated Women Back to Work recruiter.
- Salesforce platform (Force.com, VisualForce).
- HTML5, CSS3, SCSS.
If you are a Returner and can't find a position that is a good fit, please send your resume to email@example.com and we'll get to work finding something that is a match for your skillset.