Akraya is looking for a Financial Analyst/Financial Reporting for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Shraddha @
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Financial reporting, Account Payable/ Account Receivable, Microsoft Office (Excel and Pivot Tables), Microsoft Access, and mainframe systems (Database Management).
Duration: 06 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Provides support for complex financial reporting to State Controller Office.
- Comply with individual state laws governing Escheatment of unclaimed property.
- Responsible for the proper disposition of unclaimed property.
- Recording and maintaining the records which detail the dates when property came into existence (e.g., issuance of a check, receipt of a deposit).
- Classifying property by type.
- Monitoring the Dormancy Period of property.
- Attempting to find the rightful Owners, generally with a Due Diligence Letter (DDL) to the property owner at the last known address on record.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices/policies in selecting methods and techniques for resolving problems.
- Experience in large-volume of uncashed checks.
- Proficient with a variety of software applications Microsoft Office (Excel and Pivot Tables), Microsoft Access, and mainframe systems (Database Management). Preferred Oracle Onelink.
- Preparing check request and wire transfers for senior management signatures.
- Update reconciliation spreadsheets and prepare Journal Entries for month-end reporting.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Shraddha @ 408-907-6413
- Analytical experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum Accounting degree and health care experience highly preferred.