Job Category: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance
Job Number: 12240412
Akraya is looking for a Financial Analyst/Financial Reporting for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Swapnil @ 408-907-3201.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Financial reporting, Account Payable/ Account Receivable, Microsoft Office (Excel and Pivot Tables), Microsoft Access, and mainframe systems (Database Management).
Duration: 06 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Provides support for complex financial reporting to State Controller Office.
- Comply with individual state laws governing Escheatment of unclaimed property.
- Responsible for the proper disposition of unclaimed property.
- Recording and maintaining the records which detail the dates when property came into existence (e.g., issuance of a check, receipt of a deposit).
- Classifying property by type.
- Monitoring the Dormancy Period of property.
- Attempting to find the rightful Owners, generally with a Due Diligence Letter (DDL) to the property owner at the last known address on record.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices/policies in selecting methods and techniques for resolving problems.
- Experience in large-volume of uncashed checks.
- Proficient with a variety of software applications Microsoft Office (Excel and Pivot Tables), Microsoft Access, and mainframe systems (Database Management). Preferred Oracle Onelink.
- Preparing check request and wire transfers for senior management signatures.
- Update reconciliation spreadsheets and prepare Journal Entries for month-end reporting.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Swapnil at 408-907-3201
- Analytical experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum Accounting degree and health care experience highly preferred.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.