Job Category: Technician - Laboratory, Manufacturing, Electronics, Electrical
Job Number: 11970668
Akraya is looking for a Engineering Technician for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly to Sanket Yede at 408-907-2249. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Thermal & Mechanical, Sheet Metal, Plastic Injection Molding, Machining, Die Casting, Cold Forming and Creo or Solidworks
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Qualifications/Skill sets required, not limited to the following:
- The Mechanical/Thermal engineering technician will validate mechanical/thermal engineering designs, assist in developing test plans, and ensure the correct validation procedures are being followed on tools utilized in the validation process.
- They may make sketches and rough layouts of validation test hardware or test units, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report their findings to engineers and engineering teams.
- Candidate will assist in the development of CPU thermal/mechanical solutions for various server and workstation market segments by working with a team of cross-site architects, mechanical, thermal, and electrical engineers.
- They will be testing thermal mechanical solutions according to the test plans which will include wind tunnel testing and testing of mechanical stresses using lab equipment.
- Technician will also manage the calibration tools used in the validation process and manage lab activities.
- Familiarity with lab testing procedures
- Should demonstrate hands on ability with common tools and measurement equipment (Optical Measurement Machine or Load Frame) (Sponsor willing to train)
- Familiarity with general lab testing procedures such as basic instrumentation, data acquisition, fixture design, etc.
- Knowledge of computer layouts and basic architecture.
- Knowledge of mechanical and thermal fundamentals.
Nice to have skills:
- You must possess a two year technical degree in a related discipline
- CW will be performing thermal & mechanical testing in a lab environment.
- Knowledge of thermal and mechanical apparatus is a plus
- Familiarity with common manufacturing & design processes such as: sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining, die casting, cold forming, etc. Is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D CAD tools like Creo or Solidworks.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sanket Yede at 408-907-2249
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.