Job Category: HR, Operations, Recruiting, Sales
Job Number: 11765927
Akraya is looking for a Employee Relations Specialist or HR Generalist for one of our most innovative clients. This company works every day to provide more affordable financial products and services to individuals and small businesses around the world. To be considered, please apply directly or call Darshana @ 408-907-6411. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Employee Relations Specialist, HR Generalist, Employment laws-ADA, FMLA, FLSA
Duration: 6+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- HR Consultant is responsible for counseling and coaching managers and employees on a broad range of complex and sensitive issues.
- Responsibilities include providing guidance on performance management, employment legislation, policy interpretation and the implementation of corrective action along with the mediation and resolution of workplace grievances.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity & Trust
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Provides coaching and advice to managers on performance management and corrective action (relevant to the jurisdiction), enabling them to implement performance improvement processes which are consistent across business entities; may deliver presentations and training to managers employees
- Conducts fact-finding conversations and provides recommendations for resolving workplace issues
- Builds and maintains strong, trust-based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
Prerequisite Knowledge & Proficiencies:
Top 3 must-have hard skills:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of employment legislation, its interpretation and implementation, and of employment practices particularly in the area of performance management
- Skilled and passionate about coaching and developing manager capabilities
- Accomplished at using effective listening, probing and investigatory skills to handle complex, sensitive enquiries and conversations with discretion, composure and compassion
- Strong analytical mindset, able troubleshooter adept at analyzing large amounts of detailed information, diagnosing problems and recommending appropriate solutions
- Years of Experience: Six or more years in the area of Human Resources in a global organization with four or more years in the area of Employee Relations
- Degrees or Certifications:
or equivalent) preferred.PHR, SPHR, GPHRBachelor’ s Degree or equivalent. Qualification in Employment Law preferred. Higher certification in Human Resource Management (e.G.,
- Heavy on talent acquisition or recruiting, etc. No hands on ER experienceDisqualifiers:
- somebody whose focus is ER, someone who wants to focus ono ER. Someone who is interested in a People Business Partner as the next step in his or her career. Looking for people who could successfully transition to that.Best vs. Average:
- Performance Indicators: operate independently, can prioritize things that come through, manage key stakeholder expectations.
- Broad HR generalist knowledge which s/he can leverage independently to mitigate business, reputational and financial risk
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global organization and to build strong trust-based relationships with remote client groups and colleagues
- Ability to deliver high levels of performance and service excellence while managing high volume workload in a collaborative team environment
Please apply with your updated resume or call darshana @ 408-907-6411
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.