"Women Back to Work is partnering with Farmers Insurance in Woodland Hills, CA to host their inaugural Returnship for those looking to return to the workforce. The WBW Farmers Returnship program is open to women who have a gap in their work history due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you have at least 4 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this Returnship.”
Farmers is looking for an Informatica ETL Subject Matter Expert and Support Analyst with a knowledge of design, development and testing of ETL systems and an aptitude to support and optimize existing Data Warehouse and related applications. The right candidate will work on supporting a complex landscape of Data Applications, identification and analysis of optimization opportunities, design and development of solution options. Role also involves leading supplier partners and liaising with business and IT partners to deliver successful outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Understand the source systems, applications and conduct the data profiling.
- Support production data sets, Informatica jobs and applications to meet business SLA's.
- Provide subject matter expertise and knowledge guidance to end user stakeholders.
- Identify, build and deploy optimization and automation opportunities.
- Convert Business Requirements into Technical Requirements and Design.
- Assist and resolve production issues.
- Create Informatica Mappings, Workflows and Sessions.
- Perform audit, balance and checks for data loads.
- Governance and audit of supplier partner deliverables and production implementations.
- Co-ordinate Data Modeling of Sources and Targets.
- Provide Support for QA/UA Testing.
- Review and validate the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- 2+ Years of experience on Informatica ETL development.
- 1+ Years of experience on Informatica ETL Production support.
- Experience understanding of data warehousing concepts - Star schema/Snowflake schema, Type I/Type II dimensions, etc.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Unix Shell scripting.
Special Skill Requirement
- May require occasional traveling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Business Objects a plus.
- Tableau a plus.
- IBM DB2 a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable, regularly adjusting direction and vision based on feedback from multiple sources, including customers, and internal staff.
- Collaborative mind set to work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work through a formal system development lifecycle.
- Comfortable working in both co-located and large scale distributed environments using Agile methodologies and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions.
If this job interests you and you are looking to return to work after a hiatus, please apply with your updated resume. Or if you have questions about this position, feel free to call 408-907-2246 to speak to Shabana, our dedicated Women Back to Work recruiter.
If you are a Returner and can't find a position that is a good fit, please send your resume to email@example.com and we'll get to work finding something that is a match for your skillset.