Primary Skills: EMC/ EMI compliance, testing
Job Description :
Duration: 6 Months (extendible)
Contract Type : W2
- Provide Engineering Test Support.
- Setup tests and equipment to perform validation, verification and characterization of servers, networking devices and racking units.
- Build and configure servers and switches for test validation.
- Support/debug/root-cause failures of EMC compliance testing through 3rd party labs.
- Analyze and prepare test results using spreadsheets and Python scripts to generate reports.
- Setup and maintain lab space, tools and the materials of a hardware R&D Lab.
- Capture and maintain test data, including without limitation test results.
- Develop automated scripts for data capture and analysis for routine tests.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Aman @ 408-907-3219
- 4+ yrs. experience with hardware design for EMI / EMC.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic field, circuit theory, and wave propagation.
- Working knowledge of electronic measurement equipment including: oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, spectrum analyzers, measurement receivers, and network analyzers.
- Experience in entire product compliance, testing, report writing.
- Excellent verbal , written communications and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience with some of the following : U.S (FCC Part 2, 11, 15, 18 etc. ) & Canadian Emissions Standards (RSS-GEN, RSS-118, RSS-119, RSS-128, RSS-129, RSS-131, RSS-133, RSS-134, RSS-136, RSS-139, RSS-210, RSS-310 etc., International Product Family EMC Standards (EN 55011, EN 55013, EN 610000-6-x, IEC 61326-1, IEC 60601-1-2) and Basic Standards (61000-3-x, 61000-4-x etc.
- Good Python / Shell scripting / Linux.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.