Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11651938
Akraya is looking for a EMC/EMI Test Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Aman @ 408-907-3219.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: EMC/ EMI compliance, testing
Duration: 6 Months (extendible)
Contract Type : W2
Job Description :
- Provide Engineering Test Support.
- Setup tests and equipment to perform validation, verification and characterization of servers, networking devices and racking units.
- Build and configure servers and switches for test validation.
- Support/debug/root-cause failures of EMC compliance testing through 3rd party labs.
- Analyze and prepare test results using spreadsheets and Python scripts to generate reports.
- Setup and maintain lab space, tools and the materials of a hardware R&D Lab.
- Capture and maintain test data, including without limitation test results.
- Develop automated scripts for data capture and analysis for routine tests.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Aman @ 408-907-3219
- 4+ yrs. experience with hardware design for EMI / EMC.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic field, circuit theory, and wave propagation.
- Working knowledge of electronic measurement equipment including: oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, spectrum analyzers, measurement receivers, and network analyzers.
- Experience in entire product compliance, testing, report writing.
- Excellent verbal , written communications and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience with some of the following : U.S (FCC Part 2, 11, 15, 18 etc. ) & Canadian Emissions Standards (RSS-GEN, RSS-118, RSS-119, RSS-128, RSS-129, RSS-131, RSS-133, RSS-134, RSS-136, RSS-139, RSS-210, RSS-310 etc., International Product Family EMC Standards (EN 55011, EN 55013, EN 610000-6-x, IEC 61326-1, IEC 60601-1-2) and Basic Standards (61000-3-x, 61000-4-x etc.
- Good Python / Shell scripting / Linux.