Akraya is looking for a Director: Technical DevOps for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Aman at 408-907-3219.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
Primary Skills: Director DevOps, AWS IAM, Active Directory / Azure, AWS ECS, Docker, Jenkins and scripting
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Contract Type: C2C OR W2 Only
The Director of DevOps will support a DevOps pipeline for developers, QA and Ops teams. This position will provide DevOps and Cloud Support primarily for AWS.
- Collaborate with developers to automate build and deploy using AWS ECS, Docker, Jenkins and scripting languages.
- Collaborate with QA to automate testing using Robot, Docker, Jenkins
- Manage security and access control in AWS IAM, Active Directory / Azure, and custom systems.
- Ensure high availability and disaster recovery in place.
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes and procedures.
- Own incidents/issues, provide response to incidents and alerts.
- Communicate clearly with team via Slack and Email.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant work experience.
- Minimum 10 years work experience (5 years work experience in DevOps role for AWS based SaaS or IoT product).
- Extensive AWS experience required.
- Experience as a Tech Lead.
- Certifications Desired.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Aman at 408-907-3219
- Experience in supporting developers of a cloud-based SaaS or IoT product
- Cloud management experience with AWS (required) and Azure
- Automation of Java software builds using Scala, Maven, GitHub, and Jenkins
- Deployment and configuration of services such as ECS / Docker, Aurora MySQL Server, Kafka, and ECS / Spark
- Automating software builds and deployments using Jenkins, CloudFormation and other similar technologies
- Scripting languages such as Bash Shell and Python
- Network management of both cloud (AWS VPC) and physical networks including subnetting, routing, ACLs, and VPN.
- Working knowledge and experience in developing and supporting security standards such as Cloud Security Alliance STAR and HIPAA for infrastructure security and auditing
- Systems troubleshooting, log analysis using Sumo Logic, ELK or similar, and root cause analysis.
- Monitoring using Cloud Watch, DataDog, or similar service.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.