Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11742494
Akraya is looking for a Developer - Senior for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Devika at 408-907-2727. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: 5+ years experience / JavaEE, HTTP, Spring, Maven, XML, JSON, REST, Databases, Oracle, Tomcat.
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: C2C/ W2 Only
- The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work.
- A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
- An entry level software engineer typically has a Bachelor degree in computer science or software engineering with previous experience in programming.
- As the levels progress, the years experience increase along with leadership expectations, with the introduction of a supervisory role at Level 4.
- The technical skills, including the ability to apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis, increase across levels, starting from basic at Level 1 to expert at Level 5.
o Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
o Minimum of 5 years experience required
o Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
o Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills (Required)
o Proficient in Java, JavaEE, JUnit, Testing, SQL, Linux.
o Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing, deployment and production support(Required)
o Strong dedication to test automation and clean code.
o Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue
o Experience with HTTP, Spring, Maven, XML, JSON, REST, Databases, Oracle, Tomcat etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Design and implement solutions based on architecture and business requirements
o Define Test strategies and implement automated test cases.
o Provide post-implementation support. Troubleshoot issues in all environments and drive issue resolutions.
o Manage all communications related to development status on a daily basis during execution
o Collaborate effectively within team and across teams.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Devika at 408-907-272
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.