Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12676194
Primary Skills: DevOps ,Open source PAAS platform like Cloud Foundry, Open Stack or Open Shift.Excellent Coding skills
Duration: 06 Months + (Contract to Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only
The DevOps Engineer is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations. Our engineers work with the internal business team, enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically.
- Expediting the change of development process in Lincolnshire team based on CI/CD pipeline.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Cloud, Enterprise Architect, Security and Delivery.
- Familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems – Linux and Mac.
- Knowledge of Security Clearance
- Solid understanding of containerization Docker or K8S
- Solid knowledge in open source PAAS platform like Cloud Foundry, Open Stack or Open Shift.
- Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible in production environments.
- Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
- Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Strong hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, GO, .Net, or C++; requires experience in one scripting and one development (Yellow highlighted preferred).
- Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/computer science, mathematics and equivalent experience above.
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Parul at 408-512-2363
- Strong knowledge on Linux (Redhat preferred) and Openshift or CloudFoundry preferred.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
- Experience with development and automated testing.
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
- Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
- Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.