Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a DevOps Hadoop Admin Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Joel @ 408-512-2455.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Hadoop, Hortonworks, Kubernetes, Docker, Cassandra, Hbase, Mongo etc.
Duration: 4-5 Months w/ high potential of extension. Conversion unsure.
Contract Type: W2 Only
Role is part of an exciting adventure in the world of digital payments. You will be part of the journey developing platform engineering and operations for our client’s leading products. The desired candidate will be deploying, administering and improving infrastructure automation and infrastructure. The main functions will center around designing and building moderate to complex infrastructure, operational processes, and infrastructure automation, improving development and operational capabilities, including: disaster recovery, high systems availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities, etc. You should be passionate about DevOps, introduce best practices and innovate.
- Administration of Web Servers, Application Servers and Servlet Containers
- Setting up and leading the Automation efforts for multiple projects.
- Engaging directly with stakeholders and assist in deployment, administration and improvements within the Agile process.
- Work with development teams to define requirements, roll out new features and debug issues in a production environment.
- Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes
- Troubleshoot both infrastructure and infrastructure automation issues
- Work towards developing capacity model and high-performance environment
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Joel @ 408-512-2455
- 5+ years of Experience in operation system internals (Linux, Unix)
- Hadoop Administration & infrastructures, including HDFS, MR and Streaming technologies such as Spark.
- Experience in Hottonworks/Cloudera.
- Experience managing large scale production systems with in-depth knowledge of Containerization.
- Passion for troubleshooting, hardening systems and automating repetitive tasks.
- Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Development or scripting experience such as Java, Python.
- Java, JVM performance and SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience with monitoring and provisioning tools.
- Experience in Web/Cloud based technologies (API, Java, ReactJS etc.)
- Experience in database design and development.
- Experience ins Distributed data stores such as Cassandra, Hbase, Mongo etc.
- Experience in Messaging buses / queues- such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ etc. and event driven architectures is desirable.
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker, Open Shift is desirable.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.