Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12365861
Akraya is looking for a DevOps Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Amit at 408-512-2362.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: DevOps, TeamCity, AWS / Azure
Contract Type: W2 Only
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for designing, supporting, deploying and assisting in build engineering and development operations including supporting the development team in deploying and maintaining our software code and tools.
Nice To Have:
- At least 1 year of experience with software development and/or DevOps.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with Powershell scripting.
- Experience with systems administration and management in a Windows Server, ASP.NET, and MS SQL Server environment.
- Strong grasp of deployment automation tools, such as Octopus Deploy.
- Familiarity with build management and continuous integration tools, preferably TeamCity.
- System, scripting, and software debugging experience.
- Working experience in cloud management technologies, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Ability to balance today's work with making improvements for the future.
- Amazon Web Services certification(s).
- Advanced Powershell scripting.
- .NET/C# preferred, but will consider Java, Ruby or Python experience.
- Database architecture.
- Chocolatey NuGet.
- Octopus Deploy.
- Microsoft System Center, including Operations Manager, Orchestrator, Virtual Machine Manager, Configuration Manager.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Amit @ 408-512-2362
- Develop Powershell script solutions, leveraging an existing script library.
- Configure automated builds with automated testing, and develop automated deployments.
- Manage infrastructure for development environments and configure client-owned infrastructure for testing and production environments.
- Monitor and tune the performance of various system components.
- Investigate and remedy production issues.
- Expose yourself to a wide variety of technologies, wearing lots of hats (actual hats optional).
- Work in an agile development environment and believe that pragmatism always triumphs over dogmatism.