Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12044453
Akraya is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Janardhan at 408-512-2778.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Build & Deploy technologies, Cloud Computing platforms
Duration: 6 + Months Contract
Contract Type: W2 or C2C
Job Description :
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Janardhan at 408-512-2778
- Write code, integrate systems and build configurations to drive and innovate around server based platform across the organization.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable.
- You’ll do this by orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, GIT, Jenkins , Sonarqube, Rundeck.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime.
- Create mechanisms/architectures that enable rapid recovery, repair and cleanup of faulty migrations with good understanding of fault tolerance and failure domains.
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline.
- Provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application.
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and the team moving forward .
- Strong experience with scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Bash and Python, others are a big plus).
- Should have extensive experience with automating systems and environment deployments using tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins plugins and configuration of Jenkins architecture to scale to large build execution architectures.
- Should have prior experience automating deployment of part of or entire CI/CD pipeline.
- Agile experience a must and scrum master experience helpful.
- Engage with Software Engineering in the design and development of software tools to reliably manage application delivery.
- Engage with Production Engineering in the design, implementation and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Engage with Software Engineering to improve application stability with the design, development and implementation of application monitors and alerts.
- Engage with Software Engineering and Architect Teams to ensure Release Engineering best practices are implemented.
- Provide afterhours release and change control support based on the most current change control schedules.
- Produce update and/or endorse Site Reliability Engineering standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Experienced in scripting languages like Bash, Python.
- Hands on experience with Build & Deploy technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory/Nexus, GIT, Puppet/Chef and exposure to UNIX based system administration experience, configuring and supporting Jenkins
- Experience with application configuration tools: Ansible.
- Experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments including monitoring and capacity planning.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, VMware, Docker) will be a plus
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, Gant, or Gradle.
- Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Docker, Container Orchestration Engine such as Kubernetes.