Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12044453
Akraya is looking for an Dev Ops Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Somya at 408-512-2370. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Build & Deploy technologies, Cloud Computing platforms
Duration: 6 + Months Contract
Contract Type: W2 or C2C
- Write code, integrate systems and build configurations to drive and innovate around server based platform across the organization.
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable.
- You’ ll do this by orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, GIT, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Rundeck,
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
- Create mechanisms/architectures that enable rapid recovery, repair and cleanup of faulty migrations with good understanding of fault tolerance and failure domains
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and the team moving forward
- Strong experience with scripting languages and using them in automation (primarily Bash and Python, others are a big plus)
- Should have extensive experience with automating systems and environment deployments using tools such as Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins plugins and configuration of Jenkins architecture to scale to large build execution architectures
- Should have prior experience automating deployment of part of or entire CI/CD pipeline.
- Agile experience a must and scrum master experience helpful
- Engage with Software Engineering in the design and development of software tools to reliably manage application delivery.
- Engage with Production Engineering in the design, implementation and maintenance of the build/release infrastructure.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Engage with Software Engineering to improve application stability with the design, development and implementation of application monitors and alerts.
- Engage with Software Engineering and Architect Teams to ensure Release Engineering best practices are implemented.
- Provide afterhours release and change control support based on the most current change control schedules.
- Produce update and/or endorse Site Reliability Engineering standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Experienced in scripting languages like Bash, Python
- Hands on experience with Build & Deploy technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory/Nexus, GIT, Puppet/Chef and exposure to UNIX based system administration experience, configuring and supporting Jenkins
- Experience with application configuration tools: Ansible.
- Experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments including monitoring and capacity planning.
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.G. Amazon AWS, VMware, Docker) will be a plus
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, Gant, or Gradle.
- Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Docker, Container Orchestration Engine such as Kubernetes.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Somya at 408-512-2370
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.