Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12323774
Akraya is looking for a Data Security Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Nitish at 408-907-2367.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Data Security, Splunk Admin, Splunk, Github, Jira
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Key Responsibilities may Include:
- Splunk Admin and forwarder management related tasks.
- Elastic Logstash/Beats related administration.
- Conduct the data on-boarding process from start to finish with Splunk and or logstash/beats.
- Conduct a hands-on session walking the system owner(s) through best-practices when introducing new data to Splunk or an Elastic Cluster.
- Data on boarding across multiple data sources (windows, Linux, API, database, etc.)
- Data normalization (field extractions, tags, event types).
- Build data pipelines, ETL, and management of high volume data across distributed systems.
- Ability to debug configuration issues.
- Manually create regular expressions or GROK filters to properly extract interesting fields from a variety of log types and normalize fields to comply with a common information model/schema.
- Create data models and knowledge objects as needed to onboard logs.
Additional Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of the Splunk Common Information Model, RBAC and permissions.
- Understanding of Splunk Data Models.
- Understanding of Splunk configurations, dependencies, and forwarder management.
- Understands Splunk architecture and components (search head, deployment server, cluster master, indexers, forwarders (HF/UF).
- Understanding of the Elastic Common Schema (ECS).
- Understanding of the E.L.K (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana) components.
- Understanding of E.L.K configurations, dependencies, and management.
- Experience of working within product development teams and usage of tools like GitHub, Jenkins (and Jira).
- Experience in DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code (Saltstack, Puppet)
- Experience in developing and deploying in Docker/Containers on Kubernetes
- Experience in software development using Python, Go, SQL.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives.
- Strong understanding of enterprise logging using syslog-ng, with a focus on security event logging.
- Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Minimum 2 year of experience in Splunk management/admin, Splunk certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 2 year of experience in E.L.K management/admin, Elastic certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in networking/application/ Linux system admin and/or development related roles.
- Familiar with both Windows and Linux based OS.
- Experience in working with multiple cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated, able to take ownership of tasks and see through completion
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and other departments within the company.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Nitish at 408-907-2367
- 2-3+ years of experience in an Incident Response role performing hunt activities.
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments.
- Ability to be a Splunk language (SPL) expert.
- Ability to be an Elasticsearch Lucene expert.
- BA or BS degree in CS, IT, or a related field