Primary Skills: SQL, Data Management, Insurance
Duration: Contract/ Contract to Hire
Contract Type: W2 Only
Job Summary :
Responsible for the collection, preparation and reporting of statistical data including technical support for tools and/or other analytic processes used for specified lines of insurance.
Essential Job Functions
Physical Actions: Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum and seeing.
- Develops and prepares new reports and applications using multiple sources of information.
- Evaluates information being reported for consistency, completeness, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Maintains and provides support for existing tools and applications used in the analyses of information.
- Communicates with actuaries, accountants, product managers and I/T staff regarding data requirements and/or business requirements involving new reports or applications.
- Prepares internal and/or external correspondence related to the development and understanding of information.
- Conducts research into proposed solutions regarding data quality issues as well as for the development of new reports or applications.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred with at least a minor in a quantitative or analytic subject.
Experience Requirements: Two years of relevant professional business experience, or relevant graduate degree and one year of experience in a similar role.
Special Skill Requirement:
To follow up with any questions, please contact Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233
- General understanding of insurance terminology and in the use of insurance data and information systems.
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to learn new tools and applications.
- Familiarity with Enterprise IT processes.
- Solid understanding of all SQL query types: select, update, append, delete, make tables, and union.
- Ability to pick up additional SQL skills as needed.
- Querying and combining multiple data sets.
- Is able to create an inventory of reports/feeds, co-ordinate activities and work with a larger team.
- Has the ability to work with teams In collecting information/reports in preparation for internal/external Audits.
- Detecting data integrity issues, discrepancies, inconsistencies.
- Capacity to understand and learn a wide variety of formulas used in Access and Excel for data manipulation.
- Curiosity and initiative, self-directed learning.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server databases is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodology.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.