Job Number: 12766094
Primary Skills: ETL, SQL/T-SQL, Hive/Pig, Java/Python
Position Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ Months
- Collaborate with data product managers, data architects, and data engineers to design, implement and deliver successful data solutions
- Define technical requirements and implementation details for the underlying data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop and optimize performant database, data model, integration and ETL in RDBMS and NoSQL environments.
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance.
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to the customers.
- Be an active participant and advocate of agile/scrum practice to ensure health and process improvements for your team.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Vipul at 408-512-2357
- Proven experience with at least one major RDBMS (SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle)
- Solid experience with data integration toolsets and writing and maintaining ETL jobs
- Expert level experience with SQL/TSQL and ability to create and tune queries
- Strong programming (Java/C# or related) and scripting skills (Python/JS) helpful
- Agile and Scrum experience.
- Experience with MapReduce or other Hadoop implementations – associated understanding of Hive or Pig to query and process data in Hadoop, a big plus.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.