Job Category: BI, ETL & Data Warehousing
Job Number: 12148857
Akraya is looking for a Data Engineer for one of our award-winning clients. We can’ t tell you much about the company until you apply but you will work on best-in-class technology with some of the most talented people in the industry. This company is also consistently ranked by the Business Journal as a ‘ Best Places to Work’. To be considered, please apply directly or call Vipul at 408-512-2357. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: ETL, Java/Scala, Spark, Hive, SQL/T-SQL, Hadoop ecosystem
Duration: 12 Months
Tax Term: W2/C2C
What You’ ll Do
What to Bring
- Collaborate with data product managers, data architects and data engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions.
- Define technical requirements and implementation details for the underlying data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop and optimize performant database, data model, integration and ETL pipelines
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance.
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to the customers.
- Be an active participant and advocate of agile/scrum practice to ensure health and process improvements for your team.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Vipul at 408-512-2357
- Significant experience writing spark code in either scala or java.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop ecosystem including storage formats, e.G. Parquet, orc, avro, etc.
- Design and engineering experience with Hive.
- Solid experience with data integration toolsets and writing and maintaining ETL jobs.
- Expert level experience with SQL/TSQL and ability to create and tune queries.
- Agile and Scrum experience.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.