Job Category: Data Engineering, Big Data & Hadoop
Job Number: 11820872
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Data Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Sumit at 408-907-2697. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients
Primary Skills: Hive, Hadoop, BigData, SQL, Python/ OOZIE, ETL and Data Warehousing.
Duration: 6+ Months
Tax Term: W2 Only
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and manage complex analytics data models in Hive/Hadoop for Analytics team across all customer journey from Acquisition, Engagement, and Retention.
- The analytics data marts will be used by data analysts in Analytics and other team to do deep dive analysis, build analytics dashboard, or other data science project.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain new data models ETL pipeline with SQL query, Python, Oozie, and other script language and create/maintain workflow using Oozie. Ensure overall data quality.
- Experience working on building scalable ETL pipelines, data warehousing and schema modeling.
- Creating Data pipelines between vendor systems and in-house Datawarehouse platform (Hadoop)
Querying, manipulating and maintaining large data sets for analytical purposes using SQL-like languages (Hive is strongly preferred)
- Experience with Hadoop/big data environments to synthesize and analyze data. Troubleshooting data loads and performance issues.
- Experience with automation script language such as Python
- Collaborate with Engineers, Vendors and Data Scientists to Client end-to-end solutions.
- Support your colleagues by reviewing code and designs. Diagnose and solve issues in our existing data pipelines and envision and build their successors.
- 2 - 3 years of relevant hands-on experience
- Independent, self-starter, with demonstrated communication, collaboration and willing to learn and implement
- Ability to work through deadlines and produce results in an agile work environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a related field
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sumit at 408-907-2697
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.