Job Category: Administrative & Clerical
Job Number: 11787006
Akraya is looking for a Data Collection Researcher II for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Syed at 408-816-2015. If this position is not quite what you' re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Medical Coder, In-patient and Out-patient, Medical Terminology (ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS)
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
Contract type: W2 only
- Review and keep current on coding guidelines
- Work in conjunction with the standards of American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) standards of Ethical Coding and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Communicate with team and provide feedback on the annotation guidelines
- Effectively and efficiently, identify key concepts and terms within medical charts
- Work with others in similar roles to resolve any discrepancies within the group
- Review metric and progress reports
- Minimum Experience Requirements 2 years of healthcare coding experience (both in-patient and out-patient preferred).
- Basic computer skills including working with a mouse, Microsoft Office Products (excel and word) and office email
- Ability to work in a team environment
- This position must have a strong knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPC and ICD coding as well as strong computer skills.
- Health Plan claims experience.
- Medical Coding experience with ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS.
- License/Certifications Minimum License/Certifications Requirements At time of hire o Certificate of completion of medical terminology training
- Through understanding of electronic medical records, including but not limited to reading medical charts, lab reports, radiology reports, procedure notes. Understanding of vast medical abbreviation
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Syed at 408-816-2015
- Current RHIA, RHIT, CPC, CCA, CCS, CDC certification status.
- Prefer someone with work experience as a coder and strong trainer looking for a " different” type of coding experience.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the " Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.