Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12089343
Akraya is looking for a Data Center/Systems Administrator for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Cloud Operations/Administration Engineer
We are looking for a Cloud Operations/Administration Engineer to help support Client' s Open Source Technology Center, Cloud & Data Center strategy. Our group is responsible for supporting and enabling Open Source projects including contributions to multiple cloud and data center solutions supporting OpenStack, Linux distributions and the Linux kernel, networking and storage to name a few. This person will support our cloud engineering team in creating and maintaining open source community facing projects being developed in our cloud engineering lab, develop and document product technical information and enable product demos. This person will engage in daily " hands-on” tasks including firmware updates, OS installation/administration, and cloud installations/administration.
Skill sets REQUIRED not limited to the following:
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Strong Networking and Switch Configuration skills
- Data Excellent technical documentation skills
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Min education: BS Degree in Computer Science, IT or other related field of study
Candidates should have some of these items to offer:
Min education: BS Degree in Computer Science, IT or other related field of study
- Ability to code and/or script. Python preferred
- Configuration management experience. Ansible preferred.
- Previous networking administration experience.
- Previous shared/distributed storage administration experience. CEPH, NAS
- Strong cloud and application development skills including web services, cloud scaling applications, application load balancing and technologies
- QA or validation experience.
- Center Server & Infrastructure administration experience
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- In-depth familiarity with hardware and firmware, including server builds from base components
- Knowledge of or direct experience working with cloud, virtualization and container technologies: OpenStack, VMWare, Docker
- Solid understanding of Client server architecture
- Deep Linux knowledge and folks that have managed more servers in lab environments. Automation tools for lab management / inventory / provisioning is a plus
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Pooja Rai at 408-907-2233
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.