Job Category: Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing
Job Number: 11316308
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Data Analyst for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Shabana at 408-907-2246. If this position is not quite what you' re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Data Analysis, SAS/SQL/Hadoop
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Contract Type: W2 only
Must have Skills:
- 5-8 years experience with Data Analysis in SAS or SQL or Hadoop (Hadoop or SQL is preference).
- Degree in statistics / experience performing various analysis such as (customer segmentation, regression analysis, time series, CRM modeling, attrition modeling)
- Candidates need to do both the data extraction and analysis
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions. Contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- Execute analytic projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Extensive experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
- Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala) is a plus.
- Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
- Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.G., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
- High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs
- Experience programming in Python and Spark is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience (with no gaps) applying statistical solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, KPI management or other data-driven functions
- Experience in global solutions and/or data spanning multiple countries highly desired
- Bachelor' s degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
- Post graduate degree or MBA with strong technical experiences strongly preferred
- Analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics (such as retail, hotels or airlines) is helpful
- Experience in setting business goals/KPI' s and tracking business performance is preferred
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Shabana at: 408-907-2246
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the " Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.