South San Francisco,
Job Category: Technician - Laboratory, Manufacturing, Electronics, Electrical
Job Number: 11954765
Akraya is looking for a “ Senior Research Consultant” for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call “ Shikhar Seth & 408-816-2464”. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: R&D, Cytometry, Flow/Mass, lab Management, Assays and immunology
Duration: 09 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
The Sr. Research Associate is responsible for the formulation, filling, capping, labeling, and kitting of all existing and new reagent products. This position is also solely responsible for calibration, maintenance, and operation of all lab equipment. This position will work closely with R&D for the transfer of new formulations into Reagent Manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform assigned duties according the weekly production schedule. Complete weekly report of work completed, forward to Manager every week at a designated time.
- Formulate and filter bulk solutions using sterile technique according to manufacturing instructions. Test solutions for pH, Conductivity, and Osmolality.
- Perform antibody conjugations and basic cell culturing to support various manufacturing and R&D needs
- Fill, cap, label, and kit reagent products according to manufacturing instructions using manual and automated systems. Record filling and kitting events in log in real time.
- Maintain all lab equipment preventive maintenance and calibration; including but not limited to the pH/Conductivity meter, Osmometer, CVC Horizontal Labeler, Tube Auto Capper, Biomek filling device, Hamilton filling device, Milli-Q water system, hoods, freezer/refrigerators, pipettes, spectrophotometer, NanoDrop.
- Support QC testing and release of reagent products as assigned.
- Write, revise, and implement Equipment Procedures for all equipment; Manufacturing Instructions for new and existing reagent products; and Standard Operating Procedures for standard lab practices.
- Work with R&D groups to transfer new formulations into production, build pilot lots of material, and create manufacturing documentation.
- Perform accurate cycle counts on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Support QC and R&D with real time and accelerated stability studies as assigned.
- Order lab supplies and manufacturing materials as needed or directed by Manager. Complete and obtain approval for purchase requisitions. Receive, log, and stock material upon receipt.
- Forward material to logistics to support reagent internal consumable requests.
- Follow all established lab procedures both documented and undocumented. Complete all paperwork using good manufacturing practices.
- B.S. Degree or M.S. Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or similar life science discipline required; immunology background a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years (with B.A./B.S.) or 0+ years (with M.S.) experience in the Biotech industry required
- Experience in cell culture, cytometry and microscopy
- Experience operating lab equipment (Osmometer, pH/Conductivity meter, Spectrophotometer instruments, pipettes, filling devices, etc.)
- Experience in reagent preparation and proficiency with common laboratory tools and techniques
- Experience working in a cGMP or ISO laboratory environment a bonus
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks such as manual filling, capping, labeling, and kitting.
- Ability to calculate chemical formulations and follow reagent recipes and protocols
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn and use other software such as Saleforce.Com, PDM, ADP.
- Dedication to total product quality and a safe working environment.
- Self-directed, organized, and possesses good judgment.
- Ability to lift weights in excess of 25 lbs above the shoulder on a regular and unsupervised basis.
- Works alongside fellow manufacturing personnel.
- Reports to Reagent Manufacturing Manager.
- Indirectly reports to the Associate Director of Consumables Production.
- QA for the creation and modification of all documents and lab processes.
- QC for in-process and final release testing of reagent products.
- R&D for transfer of new reagent products into production and troubleshooting of existing reagent products.
- Logistics for transfer of inventory and internal consumable request items.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Shikhar Seth at 408-816-2464
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.