Job Category: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance
Job Number: 12602270
Primary Skills: Oracle, sales quotation, Accounting, Accounts Receivables, Cash Collection, Invoice.
Duration: 5+ Months contract with possible extension
Contract Type: W2 Only
The Collections Specialist is responsible for management of a portfolio of accounts within a defined geography, consisting of both channel partner and end-user accounts. The position manages cash collections to closure of the invoice on the receivable. This includes cash receipt and closure of the invoice. The position reports to the America's Credit and Collection Manager and being an equal team member to global. During the collections process teaming with the customer and cross-functional team includes sales, sales operations, marketing, revenue accounting, tax, billing, etc. is required. The primary focus is to drive strong collections and exceed quarterly cash, aging and DSO metrics. The position will additionally be responsible for timely cash application, processing of credit memos as required, monthly reporting and audit compliance.
- Drive to closure all past due items while achieving quarterly departmental and company DSO, cash collection and ageing, unapplied cash and audit compliance goals.
- Communicate detailed AR Statements timely with all customers.
- Maintain timely and accurate updates of collection notes by account and invoice on shared drive.
- Secure timely commitments to pay.
- Follow standard company escalation process.
- Escalate and resolve disputes timely.
- Partner with customer and internal teams to resolve any payment disputes or delays beyond terms.
- Capture and report root cause preventing payment, especially where trend occurs.
- Secure sales tax exemption certificates and coordinate credit memo processing with tax and billing.
- Partner with cash application team to ensure cash payments or credit memos are applied timely.
- Assist with input on Over 60 transactions for completion of the quarterly bad debt reserve.
- Review applicable customer master information and report any errors for timely correction to Credit Manager.
- Contribute to efforts to develop policies and procedures to streamline AR management, collections, credit and revenue operations processes.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Asmita @ 408 -907-6421.
- 4-6 years or work experience in hi-tech industry.
- Business or Accounting degree or equivalent work experience.
- Oracle Experience.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills - ability to communicate effectively and team with all levels of management, strong problem solving skills and detailed oriented.
- Excel and Word skills.
- Understanding of the sales quotation to invoice and cash collection process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.