"Women Back to Work is partnering with Farmers Insurance in Woodland Hills, CA to host their inaugural Returnship for those looking to return to the workforce. The WBW Farmers Returnship program is open to women who have a gap in their work history due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you have at least 4 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this Returnship.”
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers' business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates application technical design provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for new application functionality; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting user/system environmental issues, and training as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work under the direction of reporting manager on the successful delivery of Business Intelligence projects, enhancements, and defects.
- Independently lead and deliver new projects and enhancements.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Prepare estimates based on high-level requirements and assumptions.
- Translate functional requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively manage Development, Unit Testing and Implementation efforts.
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery.
- Troubleshoot production defects, perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to team on the fixes.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in developing ETL and reporting applications using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services or Informatica..
- Should have good understanding of DW/BI concepts and terminology.
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings with business & IT resources.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Strong experience in a BI/Data Warehouse environment with involvement in design, development, implementation, troubleshooting and support of ETL process using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica..
- Experience in developing Data Marts, Data warehousing or Operational Data Store (ODS) on MS SQL Server or DB2.
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence best practices, processes, and methodologies.
- Excellent programming experience in writing Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, User Defined Functions, and Common Table Expressions using SQL or T-SQL.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization by indexing, partitioning, and denormalization.
- Highly committed, motivated, enthusiastic and a natural team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to interact with and effectively address concerns.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, analytical, and organization skills.
Special Skill Requirement
- Experience working in an Agile Environment.
- Team Foundation Server experience or any version control and scheduling tools like Autosys etc.
- Experience in DB administration is a plus.
- May require occasional traveling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
If this job interests you and you are looking to return to work after a hiatus, please apply with your updated resume. Or if you have questions about this position, feel free to call 408-907-2246 to speak to Shabana, our dedicated Women Back to Work recruiter.
If you are a Returner and can't find a position that is a good fit, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get to work finding something that is a match for your skillset.