Job Category: Business System / Financial / Business Analyst
Job Number: 12630145
Primary Skills: Business Analyst, SQL, Power BI, Tableau
Duration: 3+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
Contractor will provide tax exemption certificate specialist (“Contractor TECS”) to perform certain professional tax services, as directed by Client. The Contractor TECS will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyze data and identify trends related to exemption certificates.
- Prioritize areas of focus in relation to analysis completed.
- Create and maintain categorical metrics for exemption certificate data.
- Review exemption certificates to enforce compliance and accuracy of customer exemptions.
- Execute current mitigation procedures and recommend process improvements for the review and acceptance of customer tax exemptions.
- Partner with customer service to identify new trends on customer exemption activation behavior.
- Develop reports and process for review of exemption certificates and related data.
- 1-3 years indirect tax experience in a multi-state, multi-entity organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience working with big data and data analytic tools.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Power Pivot or Power BI.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Tarushi/ Asmita at 408-907-6403/ 408-907-6421.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize.
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- 1-3 years minimum of end-consumer transaction tax experience.
- Experience working in a multi-national corporate tax department.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.