Job Category: Business System / Financial / Business Analyst
Job Number: 12624423
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Primary Skills: Business Analyst, Sourcing, SQL, Budgets, IT Data centers or infrastructure exp.
Duration: 06 Months with possible extension or conversion.
Contract Type: W2 Only
As a Business Analyst, you will manage a variety of functions including three primary functions:
(1) Building and managing support of $1B budget (creation and execution);
(2) Managing the O&I spend pipeline by engaging with other 110+ product owners, enabling back-end Finance operations from PR creation, validating requests against inventory per year, invoicing, helping with accruals & accounting for variances; and
(3) Creating and implementing purchasing and approval best practices and provide support to Infrastructure and Technology, and execution to our client's procurement principles.
- Assist product owners with execution of technology strategy, keeping a view of the operating expense impact of key decisions.
- Run SQL scripts to extract data from multiple data sources and have ability to normalize data based on product owner feedback.
- Identify expense reduction opportunities with product owners and create plans and tracking to ensure execution of cost reduction strategies.
- Manage spend for a technology lane(s) with specific knowledge to adherence to key our client's procurement rules while identifying strategies for purchases that do not meet the rules.
- Identify appropriate data sources to track deployment of different software across our client’s and use the information across multiple sources to create deployment baselines.
- Lead the team in delivering work products on consumption reports as well as other key initiatives that will help the Technology EVP of make strategic decisions.
- Understand license metrics for different software types and create a pro-forma analysis for major deals within technology.
- Create and manage the budget for the IT technology lanes working in close partnership with the IT engineering teams.
- Manage the IT purchase approval process by clearly understanding the Technology approval process.
- Must have 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Tech environment.
- Understanding of data centers and IT frameworks preferred.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with different software licensing methods in the industry.
- Experience with SQL queries to help collect data from disparate sources.
- Exhibit leadership capabilities to drive large-scale projects with ambiguous scope into refined deliverables for executive consumption.
- Must have technical background to understand the key infrastructure products and understand the core concepts behind "running IT like a business”.
- Must have prior experience in creating cost transparency and cost clarity programs for CIO/CTO office.
- Demonstrated capability in working with large virtual teams.
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Ability to conduct research such as market size and trends, competitive analysis.
- Ability to collect and analyze relevant quantitative and qualitative data sets.
- Strong communication skills including written, oral, and presentation abilities.
- Business and technical writing skills; executive level presentation skills.
- Organizational agility and the ability to influence stakeholders and various levels of senior leadership.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Joel Mac @ 408-512-2455
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills (Required).
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required).
- Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models (Preferred).
- Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc (Preferred).
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.