Job Category: Business System / Financial / Business Analyst
Job Number: 11654042
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Business Analyst for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Randhir at 408-907-2970. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Tax experience in a multi-state, multi-entity organization; Extensive experience working with big data and data analytic tools; Experience with US tax exemptions
Duration: 4+ Months
Contract Type: W2 only
Contractor will provide tax exemption certificate specialist (“ Contractor TECS”) to perform certain professional tax services, as directed by Client.
The TECS will be responsible for the following tasks:
Deliverables for this engagement will Include:
- Assist with weekly system changes.
- Prioritizing areas of focus in relation to projects and system updates.
- Creating categorical metrics.
- Maintaining categorical metrics for system changes.
- Identifying actionable and mitigating measures to enforce compliance, risk tolerances, and accuracy of customer exemptions.
- Recommend service improvements for the creation and acceptance of customer tax exemptions.
- Recommend process improvements for the review of customer tax exemptions, including remediation.
- Create a schedule of all system changes and deploy weekly rule file changes.
- Administer and enhance processes as needed.
- Identify owners and services for corrective actions/resolutions; to enforce policy.
- Periodic work papers to report progress, work efforts, error rates, and other improvement metrics.
- 1-3 years indirect tax experience in a multi-state, multi-entity organization
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Extensive experience working with big data and data analytic tools
- Experience with US tax exemptions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize.
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
- 1-3 years minimum of end-consumer transaction tax experience.
- Experience working in a multi-national corporate tax department.
- Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.G. Vertex, ONESOURCE, Taxware).
Apply directly with your updated resume and contact Randhir at 408-907-2970
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.