Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12266725
Akraya is looking for a Bios Software Engineer II for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Sanket Yede at 408-907-2249.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Data Scientist, cyber security, Python, Numpy, Pandas, data cleaning, Wireshark, Ostinato and GNS3
Duration: 3 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sanket Yede at 408-907-2249
- Client requires a data scientist at the Santa Clara, CA facility with knowledge of computer networking to develop training datasets for machine learning based, cyber security project.
- A successful candidate for this position will be experienced with standard data science tools and practices including Python, Numpy, Pandas, data cleaning and preprocessing, as well as being familiar with network protocols and tools such as Wireshark, Ostinato, GNS3.
- The candidate should be confident working alone to solve problems, and comfortable presenting their findings to other engineers.
- Skills and qualifications required, not limited to the following:
- More than three years of relevant experience
- Experience cleaning, processing, and transforming data in Python tools Numpy, and Pandas
- Understanding of dataset best practices including, train/val/test splits, class (im)balance, outlier detection/removal
- Writing bash or similar scripts for the automation of software simulations with multiple configurations
- Configuring virtual machines or Docker containers to run standalone simulations.
- Ability to work independently
- MS Office
- Education: MS in Data Science
- Desired skills include:
- Experience creating networks using software network simulation tools like GNS3 or NS-3.
- Crafting packets with tools such as Scapy, Kamene, or Ostinato.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.