Job Category: Big Data
Job Number: 11120833
Akraya is looking for a Big Data Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Sushil at 408-816-2465. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: HIVE, Hadoop/Big Data, HDFS
(Local Candidates only who can appear for an in-person interview)
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Term: W2/C2C
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical proficiency with Hadoop and big data projects
- Client is looking for data engineers with extensive experience in data extraction / processing and development of data pipelines using big data technologies.
- Candidate should have exposure to near-real-time data ingestion scenarios, performance tuning techniques and best practices.
- Need expertise working with Hive and good understanding of Hadoop concepts.
- Experience in programming using Unix Scripts / Python / Java etc
- Experience with Hadoop technologies: Hadoop development, HDFS, Hive, Spark/Scala
- 8-10 years of demonstrated experience and success in data modeling
- Fluent in writing shell scripts [bash, korn]
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Ability to setup, maintain, and implement Kafka topics and processes is a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- B.S. Or M.S. In Computer Science or Engineering
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Sushil @ 408-816-2465
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.