Primary Skills: Java, Scala, Spark
Duration: 6+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Build Back end analytical applications using Hadoop ecosystem.
- Build Back end applications using Java, Spark/Scala and Python
- ETL modules for the AI/Client use cases, developing algorithms & testing
- Work on performance optimizations on Hbase and Solr
- Work on Performance optimization on Spark Jobs and MapReduce jobs.
- At least 5+ years of experience building and managing complex products/solutions.
- Experience developing Restful web services in any Java framework.
- Knowledge on Hadoop Eco system (Spark/Scala/Python preferred) & Backend software modules using Scala / Spark & java
- 4+ years of experience working in Linux/Unix environment.
- Expert level programming in Java.
Project: ORION/MMI (Mobile Marketing Insights)
- Design and development of java, Scala and spark based back end software modules, performance improvement and testing of these modules.
- Scripting using python and shell scripts for ETL workflow. Design and development of back end big data frameworks that is built on top of Spark with features like Spark as a service, workflow and pipeline management, handling batch and streaming jobs;
- Design and development of data ingestion services that can ingest 10s of TB of data everyday .
- Coding for Big Data applications on clickstream, location and demographic data for behavior analysis using Spark / Scala & Java.
- Optimized resource requirements including number of executors, cores per executors, memory for Spark streaming and batch jobs.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Murali @ 408-512-3149
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.