Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12525751
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Primary Skills: Java, Spring, REST, mentoring junior developers.
Duration: 04+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to Junior developers.
- Developing scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Building tools to automate our deployment pipelines.
- Build tools to report on status of operations and performance.
- Build automated testing platform to enable continuous delivery of the platform components.
- Building and managing development, test, integration, performance and stage environments.
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies..
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Joel Mac @ 408-512-2455
- Undergraduate Degree or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience in Java/Spring.
- Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality.
- Ability to estimate, design and drive projects end to end by meeting deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to mentor Junior developers.
- Solid foundation in object oriented methodologies & design patterns.
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST based web services.
- Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts (SQL Server preferred).
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (specifically scrum).
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.