Job Category: Technician - Laboratory, Manufacturing, Electronics, Electrical
Job Number: 12381497
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Buyer/Planner-Commodity Specialist/Manager for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Ajitabh at 408-907-2956.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: SAP, Procurement , Buyer/Planner
Duration: 09+ Months (Possible Extension)
Contract Type: W2 Only
Required Skills :
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Ajitabh at 408-907-2956
- Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required materials purchases.
- Obtains materials using engineering and production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels (i.e., Just in Time purchases, use of EOQ - Economic Order Quantities).
- Resolves discrepancies.
- Creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprise wide systems.
- Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are approved and/or minimized.
- Develops specifications for new contract orders.
- Gathers quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
- Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Evaluates vendor reliability and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.