Job Category: Compliance & Regulation
Job Number: 11720181
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a "Associate Supplier Engineer" for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Asmita at 408-907-6421. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: GD&T, First Article Inspection, CAPA
Duration: 12 Months (with possbility of extension)
Tax Term: W2 Only
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supplier Quality and Performance Improvement
- Investigate and resolve Client' s Production line down events that are parts related; includes the following:
- In-depth Root Cause Analysis
- Disposition non-conforming material (Containment)
- Implement Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions
- Documenting all of the above
- Serving as a liaison between design engineering, manufacturing engineering, and the supplier.
- Resolve and prioritize supplier issues to ensure on time delivery of product to support production.
- Support New Product Development activity for new purchased product, which may include:
- Inspection Correlation
- First Article Inspection
- Support supplier manufacturing process improvements that affect quality by supporting the SE team in using various tools and best practices including project management, 8D/6M methods and other Six Sigma practices
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- BS degree in Engineering (preferred degree in Mechanical or Aerospace)
- Ability to read and interpret detailed specification drawings, including GD&T, and communicate technical information
- In-depth analytical and trouble-shooting skills, and inspection techniques
- Experience in evaluating and supporting supplier/product-related issues
- Dependable Project Management skills.
- Advanced computer experience using MS Excel, SAP (or other ERP system), and Agile (or other document control system)
- Knowledge of input variables into manufacturing processes that impact quality
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Process (GMP)
- Experience in complex mechanical assembly or mechanisms
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Asmita at 408-907-6421.
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.