Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12646570
Primary Skills: 1-3 YOE Cryptography, understanding of encryption, symmetric and asymmetric keys. Visual certificates, understanding of PCI and industry standards.
Duration: 6+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and follow the acceptable use and issuance of PKI certificates and key management practices, various pKI systems.
- Assist and follow Key Management fundamentals, and apply that knowledge to host security modules and Key Management procedures.
- Working with the team to identify, review and implement any new or required safeguards for symmetric key generation systems as specified by industry standards and Visa policy.
- Support the team to help analyze risk assessments and recommend acceptable use of encryption technology and security measures
- Support the team to help analyze evaluate the encryption methods and algorithms for data transmissions and data at rest to protect confidential information
- Candidate must maintain and follow accurate and up-to-date procedure documentation within well-established policies and guidelines.
- Support the team with symmetric key task, conducted to industry complaint standards.
- Support Document and evidence gathering for Applied Cryptography Audits.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Ashutosh @ 408-512-2368
- Have good understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) practices, policies and procedures.
- Level 1 support of PKI systems and services.
- Have good understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) core elements, Certificate Authorities, Registration Authority, CRLs, CDPs, certificate elements.
- Have a good understanding of protocols like TLS, TCP/IP, OCSP, SCEP, LDAP.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills on all platforms and tools supported.
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends.
- Have a global mindset and collaborate effectively within and across teams in different part of the global landscape.
- IT infrastructure knowledge including operating systems, applications, communications, and network protocols.
- Have a familiarization with industry standards as applied to symmetric key processing and PKI.
- Good knowledge in a technical skill set that supports one of the Applied Cryptography's core services, digital certificate management, PKI systems, symmetric key management and Hardware security modules.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills along with the ability to present complex security subjects to internal work groups and projects.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time with minimal direction from supervisor.
- The ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines.
- Be a self-motivated and results oriented individual with an attention to driving aggressive project timelines and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others to achieve a high level of success.
- Sound interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to develop, maintain and foster constructive relationships with others.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.