Job Category: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance
Job Number: 12645307
Primary Skills: Indirect Tax, Sales and Use Taxes, SAP, Reporting.
Duration: 03 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Tax Analyst, Indirect Taxes, will be responsible for and participate in global indirect tax projects. This position will be part of the Indirect tax team and will report to the Director, Indirect Taxes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in various indirect tax aspects of our North America businesses.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions, and external tax advisors.
- Analyze timely and accurate indirect tax advice for business units.
Understand intercompany relationships and transactions.
- Knowledge of Sales and Use taxes as it applies in the United States.
- Understand indirect taxes implications for Global businesses.
- Assist with indirect tax aspects of new country expansion.
- Knowledge of SAP processes dealing with indirect taxes, tax codes, and reporting.
- Participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax automation.
- Liaise with finance / shared services in respect of issues identified during compliance process (e.g. incorrect invoice postings)Assist with developing training material to be deployed to key functions within the business.
- Assist with third party advisors, as required, who may assist in managing all or some of the above.
- Demonstrate strong communication and organization skills.
- Capable to work independently while acting as part of a global tax team.
- Confidence, poise and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of management and tax authorities.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a concise manner.
- Demonstrate track record of delivering results in a rapidly changing business environment.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Hanzala at 408-512-2457
- Currently holds a similar position or is an Indirect Tax Analyst/Senior Analyst at an Accounting firm/Industry Role/Government Agency.
- 3 or more years of indirect tax experience.
- Fluent in English - other languages helpful.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Tax, Legal, or Accounting; advanced degree is helpful.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.