Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Job Number: 11712342
Akraya is looking for an Accountant IV or Finance Manager for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Dipak at 408-907-3213. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Accounting, Finance Manager, Managing Sox Program, Excel and PowerPoint
Duration: 8+ Months
The Finance Manager will be responsible for driving the SOX requirements for assigned units, which includes understanding the overall financial control environment, coordinating documentation, scoping and testing, identifying and evaluating deficiencies, as well as providing controls guidance for process and system changes.
Years of Experience:
- Overall oversight and program management of the Company' s SOX compliance efforts. This includes coordination with key stakeholders to ensure that risks are identified, addressed with well-designed controls that are operating effectively;
- Perform annual planning of the Company' s SOX compliance efforts (e.G., risk assessment, materiality, scoping, due dates, etc.);
- Coordinate with testers, process and control owners and external auditors for the audit of the Company' s internal controls;
- Collaborate with process and control owners for remediation of identified deficiencies, advising them on internal control enhancements or process changes, as appropriate;
- Prepare reports to Senior Management on the status of the program;
- Lead the vision of leveraging controls to optimize operational benefits throughout the organization through the streamlining and automating control activities within financial and IT processes;
- Assess new accounting standards, technical guidance to ensure enhancement/reengineering of current accounting processes and controls;
- The SOX Finance Manager will also be heavily involved in the Finance Operational Excellence Initiatives, leading process improvement projects for our key stakeholders and CAO and advising our peers for enhanced internal controls.
- 7+ yrs of public accounting experience, Big 4, CPA preferred
- Strong financial process acumen, accounting technical skills a plus
- Project management skills and a desire to drive sustainable change (experience in running the SOX program will be a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, initiative and integrity
- High energy with a superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent command of English
- Degrees or Certifications: Bachelor’ s degree required major in Accounting/Finance
Please apply with your updated resume or call Dipak at 408-907-3213
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.