Job Category: Creative & Design
Job Number: 11617677
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a "3D Modeler & Texture Artist" for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Surbhi at 408-512-2359. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: 3D modeling and texturing, PBR and HDRR, graphics tools, medical illustration, 3D internal human anatomy and soft tissue models
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and revise 3D internal human anatomy and soft tissue models from a variety of sources including images, videos, and surgeons’ guidance
- Ensure absolute medical accuracy of anatomical structure, spatial position, connectivity, color, and texture
- Convert high to low polygon meshes to support real-time simulation of soft tissue deformation, dissection, and damage
- Create highly detailed texture maps and develop shader network for photo-realistic rendering
- Work closely with graphics software engineers who integrates physically based rendering (PBR) and high-dynamic-range rendering (HDRR) techniques into a graphics pipeline
- Export the models to Unity and take charge of ensuring the same visual quality and performance
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and interact with various people such as surgeons, engineers, and other artists
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating 3D models and texture art.
- Expert knowledge, experience, and hands-on skills in industry-standard graphics tools such as Maya, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop
- Must have portfolio demonstrating surface modeling and texturing of internal human organs (liver, kidney, colon) or soft tissue (fibrous tissues, membranes, fat)
- Experience in medical applications such as medical illustration, visualization, or simulation
- Solid understanding of PBR and HDRR
- Strong working knowledge of Unity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a team-oriented environment
- Passionate and proactive to solve challenging problems
- 5+ year’ s professional experience in game, film/ television, or animation production.
- College degree in art/ illustration/ game art production.
- Shipped 1+ AAA title
- Bachelor’ s degree in Art or related field
- Detailed working knowledge of human anatomy
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Surbhi at 408-512-2359
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.